It THRILLS me to write this post-conference blog! I hope all who went to conference had a great day of networking and learning as I know I did! I want to send a HUGE thank you to Cook Children’s Hospital for hosting us and the TACLP Board and committees who worked tirelessly to pull off the TACLP conference! Another big thank you to all of those who made the trip and participated as well as all of our presenters!
TACLP Conference 2018 Stats:
October 27, 2018 at Cook Children's Medical Center
170 Attendees - with representation from Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, New York, and Florida
15 Sessions = 7 PDU
39 Facility Tours
20 Attended the dinner social
- Currently surveying child life programs across the state
- Upcoming: child life program and directory on TACLP website
- Creation of academic and hospital student programming directory accessible via TACLP website
- Updated information regarding child life 101's offered in Texas
- Upcoming: creation of a Texas common practicum application
Professional Development Committee
- Surveyed members to assess needs (100 participants answered the survey)
- Addition of a professional development tab on the website
- Inaugural PDU newsletter in July for better accessibility to PDUs - *Lookout each quarter for an updated newsletter*
Mark Your Calendar!!!!
We are very excited to announce the dates of the 2019 Think Tank and TACLP Conference! Saturday, October 26th, 2019 the TACLP Conference will be held at MD Anderson Children's Hospital in Houston, TX. Leadership roundtable will be Thursday, October 24th and Think Tank will take place on Friday, October 25th.