It was so great to see so many familiar and new faces, including students and professionals at the 3rd Annual TACLP Conference last week at MD Anderson in Houston, TX. A HUGE thanks to each of you for making the trip and to MD Anderson and the TACLP Conference Planning Committee for putting on such an AMAZING conference filled with networking and learning over several days.
I also want to take the time to thank the board members below and their committees for the excellent work they did over the past two year:
Treasurer: Christy Lange
Secretary: Zenia Hudson
Webmaster: Sarah Davis
Conference Planning Committee Chair: Audra Trussell
Outreach Committee Chair: Riley Hammond
Professional Development Committee Chair: Amber Hill
Student Education Committee Chair: Laura Wiedemann
Below is a re-cap of the goals that this board accomplished:
• Professional Development Newsletter published each quarter and sent to membership
• Program Directory, Student Directory and Academic Directory created and uploaded to TACLP website
• TACLP launched Instagram
• TACLP Common Practicum Application and Reference Form created, launched and utilized for September deadline
• $500 Internship Scholarship created and given to first recipient for fall 2019 session. Plan will be to have these for each of the 3 internship semesters (spring, summer, fall)
• Eventbrite website created and launched for conference registration this year
• 3rd Annual TACLP Conference Successfully hosted!
We have no doubt the new board will continue to do amazing work to propel our region further! Help me congratulate and welcome the new board members as listed below:
President: Sarah Davis, The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio in San Antonio, TX
Treasurer: Meagan Linstrom, Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, TX
Secretary: Magellan Taylor-Brickey, Baylor Scott and White Health in Fort Worth, TX
Webmaster: Laura Linville, Integris Children’s at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK
Outreach Committee Chair: Morgan Brinson, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children in Dallas, TX
Professional Development Committee Chair: Kayla Rueter, Dell Children’s Medical Center in Austin, TX
Student Education Committee Chair: Elizabeth McCarroll, Texas Woman’s University in Denton, TX
Conference Planning Committee Chair: Ashley Ochs, Integris Children’s at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK
Call for 2020 Committees-please look out for the call for Committee members which will go out via email in mid to late January.
Future Conference Save the Dates:
Saturday, October 24, 2020 at Integris Children’s at Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, OK
2021 Conference Location: Baylor Scott and White Health in Fort Worth, TX Date TBD
It has truly been a pleasure serving as President for the past four years. I have not doubt I will continue to see and work with you all again in the future!