We are excited to give you more details about the regional conference on Saturday, October 21 at Children’s Memorial Hermann in Houston, TX.
You can visit www.taclp.org for details, as well as for the registration link and details for booking your hotel.
**Please note that registration will close on Friday, October 6, 2017.**
- Conference presenters have free registration so you do not need to register online! You will just return your presenter agreement form to confirm you will be presenting and that also confirms you are attending the conference.
- TACLP members receive a discounted conference rate! Join TACLP prior to registering for conference to benefit from this membership perk.
- TACLP members are also eligible to serve as a 2018 committee member.
2017 Conference Registration fees are:
Professional Member: $85
Student Member: $60
- You will not select the sessions you are planning to attend when you register. This will be done at a later date.
- The Wyndham Houston Medical Center Hotel is offering a discounted room rate to those attending conference. This hotel is located within the medical center. The discounted rate ends October 6, 2017 and rooms are limited. Book your room today!
- Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance for PDU verification (7 PDUs total). PDUs will not be automatically entered into ACLP profiles.
- A “Save the Date” for the Think Tank meeting held on that Friday, October 20 for Education Coordinators, Internship Coordinators, Child Life Practicum Coordinators, and Academic Advisors is attached. The meeting will be held at Children’s Memorial Hermann and is free; however, registration is required and will be communicated via email at a later date.
Friday Night Social Event!
- Welcome to Houston! Relax and get to know your colleagues from around the region at this fun and casual social event.
- The Armadillo Palace - 5015 Kirby Dr., Houston, TX 77098
- “A definite stop for those looking for a true Texan experience! Known as one of the best burger/brisket/food joints in Houston, the Armadillo Palace offers so much more than great food. Enjoy a cold beer or sweetened ice tea (a southern favorite!) while enjoying the fine Houston weather from a patio. Let the smell of fresh brisket and crawfish fill your head until your mouth waters for more. On weekends, relax even later to the melodies of home-grown music. And for diners that prefer the indoors, settle back to watch your favorite game on one of four big screen televisions. Come down, relax y'all.”
- Band will start at 9:00pm. Free before 9pm but will have to pay $15 if do not have ticket if you choose to stay after9pm.
Band: Bart Crow with Kody West
Advance Ticket Cost: General Admission $13
Day of Show Ticket Cost: General Admission $15
21 and over only
We look forward to seeing you at the regional conference!
The TACLP Board