Wow! The tenure of this first board for TACLP has flown by, and this year will be the final year for this board to serve! I’m so excited to continue to share with you the progress that this board has made so far.
The Annual Texas Conference is back!
- We are THRILLED to announce that we will be offering the annual Texas conference again, starting this year. The conference will be held on Saturday, October 21, 2017 at Children’s Memorial Hermann in Houston, TX
- Abstract submission will go live in March/April and all abstracts will be due on June 1, 2017.
- There will be both student sessions and professional sessions at the conference, and we will also be offering a student panel on Friday, October 20, 2017.
- For information on abstract submission and registration, you can continue to check the TACLP website!
- The goal will be for TACLP to continue to facilitate the planning of the conference while partnering with the host hospital
- If your hospital is interested in hosting the October 2018 annual conference, please contact us at [email protected]
Student Membership will now be available!
- We will be offering student membership this year in March/April, so check back on the TACLP website for when it will go life and information on how to register!
- Student Membership will be $25 per year
- We appreciate everyone who has already joined the organization and who has renewed their membership to continue to be involved. We do understand that there has been some confusion with the renewal process, so please know that we are in the process of creating an even easier process for renewal with the hopes to have a “renewal page/button” up with in the next couple of weeks!
New Board Elections
- All current members in good standing with TACLP can run to be part of the board for the 2017-2019 term
- Look out for email blasts and information on the TACLP website in August about running for the board
- The board positions include:
- Outreach Committee Chair
- Conference Planning Committee Chair
- Professional Development Committee Chair
Thanks for all you do in working with patients and families, and for your willingness to join the TACLP and continue to learn and grow while also helping others to do the same.
President of TACLP