TACLP President’s Blog!
I cannot believe we are already a month into the summer! Time is flying both for our summer as well as for the term of this current board. This board is VERY hard at work with several projects as well as in looking at transition a new board at the end of the year. As always, I am excited to share with you the great things this board is doing for our region!
TACLP Conference: October 20, 2017
- We are THRILLED to announce that we will be offering the annual Texas conference again, starting this year. The conference will be held on Saturday, October 20, 2017 at Children’s Memorial Hermann in Houston, TX
- Registration information will go live early August 2017 and will be on the TACLP website
- Conference pricing is below:
- Professional Member : $85
- Student Member: $60
- Non-member: $115
In addition to the professional sessions, there will also be student sessions throughout the conference as well.
Session Abstract/Poster submission THANK YOU to those who took the time to create and submit a session or poster abstract. We received 11 presentation and 4 poster abstract submissions. The conference planning and professional development committees will be reviewing those abstracts during the month of July will finalize the review by July 28th. Presenters will be notified early August of their status on their submission.
- Session/Poster topics will include: Play, Ethics, Assessment, Supportive Interventions, Other
- There will be a meeting on Friday, October 19, 2017 for all clinical student programming and Education Coordinators as well as academic advisors. Please contact me directly at email@example.com if you are interested in receiving more information about this meeting. There is no registration fee for this meeting.
New Board Elections:
Nomination forms will be emailed on August 1 and accepted until August 15
- All current members in good standing with TACLP can run to be part of the board for the 2017-2019 term
- The board positions include:
- Outreach Committee Chair
- Conference Planning Committee Chair
- Professional Development Committee Chair
Board members will meet and transition in person at the October 2017 conference as well as through various conference calls as well.
On behalf of the TACLP board, I truly you in advance for being a member of TACLP and being a great professional who helps make a difference in the lives of patients and families. We look forward to getting to meet you at the upcoming conference in October!
You can also SAVE The Date for the 2018 conference:
2018 Conference: will be at Cook Children’s in Fort Worth, TX in October 2018!!
President of TACLP