It THRILLS me to write this post-conference blog! I hope all who went to conference had a great day of networking and learning as I know I did! I want to send a HUGE thank you to Children’s Memorial Hermann for hosting us and the TACLP Board and committees who worked tirelessly to pull off the inaugural TACLP conference! Another big thank you to all of those who made the trip and participated as well as all of our presenters! Extra thanks goes to the inaugural and founding board who worked so hard over the past almost four years to establish this group and establish committees, and the conference.
HUGE congratulations to the following people who will serve on the new board from 2017-2019. I am honored to work with them to build upon the great foundation that the previous board laid for us to help grow our region and profession even more.
President: Krista Stringer (Children’s Health, Dallas)
Treasurer: Christy Lange (Children’s Memorial Hermann, Houston)
Secretary: Zenia Hudson (Ben Taub, Houston)
Webmaster: Sarah Davis (Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, San Antonio)
Professional Development Committee Chair : Amber Hill (Shriner’s Hospital for Children, Houston)
Conference Committee Chair: Audra Trussell (Cook Children’s Medical Center, Fort Worth)
Outreach Committee Chair: Riley Hammond (Texas Children’s, Houston)
Students Committee Chair: Laura Wiedemann (MD Anderson, Houston)
The new board will communicate their formal goals in January 2018, but below are some things we are already looking at for next year:
- Expanding into more social media (Facebook, Instagram, Linkden, etc)
- Continue outreach with regional clinical programs and outreach even more with academic advisors
- Outreach with other regional groups
- Create a Calendar of Events on the TACLP website to list upcoming educational opportunities within child life
- List the regional intern/practicum sites and contacts and common practicum offer dates for students to easily access
- List the child life workshop events in the region and around the country for students to easily access
- Continue hosting the annual Think Tank and Conference-next year’s conference is October 26 and 27 at Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth, TX
We also encourage you to look out for the Call for Committee Interest which will go out via email in January 2018! Being on a committee below is a GREAT way to get involved, and we encourage you to consider applying.
Conference Planning Committee
Professional Development Committee
On behalf of the new board, we look forward to working with you all over the next two years to continue to make strides to grow our region and profession!
President of TACLP